Friday, May 21, 2010

Last Daysss

I'm in Accra and I dont really like it. Compared to Tamale, it feels like I'm in America. We're staying in the the Ghana Registered Nurses Guest House though, and I really like it:-) cant beat 40 cedis(about 29 dollars)for three nights

I've seen so many amazing places in the past few days. It's completely overwhelming. I've spent the night in a village that is famous for living with monkeys(they believe they are their ancestors), walked on a rickety bridge 130ft up in the rainforest canopy, been locked in a dungeon that 500 female slaves lived in before being sent to America(only for a few minutes), and sat on Ghana's beach watching local fishermen drag in their catch. And there are countless stories that go along with these adventures that I'll have to share later.

It was neat to even just drive through Ghana on my way to all these places- the landscape is so diverse. I loved watching it change from the dusty desert north to the the lush rainforesty region to the palm tree filled coastal towns.

Going to the beach todayyy after finishing at the internet- going to try and even out my tan... Since I never wore shorts in Tamale, and wasnt consistant with sunscreen, my body is all different colors. Ill try but I dont really care that much.

Though I'm constantly thinking about Tamale, and how I miss it, and will continue to miss it, I'm still really looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days!! See you all sooooon<3

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you!!!!!!!! <3 Aunt Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill,

    I've been following your writings and you have had a great adventure. I hope you will stop in to HF-L and share some stories and pictures. Safe travels. Mr. Fleming

    ReplyDelete