Saturday, April 10, 2010

Is it seriously April 10th?

I made two white friends Thurs which was really exciting. It's since dawned on me how starved for companionship I've been. They probably think I'm too talkative because I pretty much couldn't stop. What's especially great about it, is that I don't only enjoy them for the fact that I can relate to them more than Ghanaians, I actually really like them as people. They're Swedish, by the by.

Sooo that's been good, but I've also been feeling very tired the past few days. I slept in till one yesterday, and didn't leave the house all day, barely left my room actually, then went to bed at 9 and still, today I'm exhuasted and at the moment kind of dizzy. Might be because I haven't had lunch yet though... I'm a little bit worried that I'm getting malaria but besides fatigue I don't have any other symptoms so i dont knowww Maybe i should drink more? Hmm.

Today I turned down probably seven cabs before I found one that charged me a price I was happy with. It seemed to happen quickly and inherently but afterward I felt really shocked with myself because I don't think that's something I would have been comfortable with a month ago. I have a lot of surreal moments like that...where it seems obvious during, but after I think to myself "did that seriously just happen?!"

The time is flyingg!!!!!!!I love being here but I'm also counting down the days till I come home. It's strange.

3 comments:

  1. I am SO proud of you for turning down 7 cabs! you go girl...show those ghanians whose boss! also we leave for sanibel in 6 days! sara is coming too :]
    love you and miss you! -mol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jill. oh dear. now i'm really worried. please get checked out immediately for malaria and keep me posted okay??? love you.
    -mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jill, yes please keep us posted on how you're feeling! I loved your videos, I've watched them a few times. Ellie and Ben smile and laugh immediately when the kids are singing at the beginning. The picture of you on the website- are you holding the 3 year old little boy you have bonded with? Glad to hear you have found some people you can connect with :)

    ReplyDelete